SUMMER SKILLS 2016 SCHEDULE UP!!!
Welcome to Upper Echelon where we are dedicated to bringing innovative goaltending resources to Nova Scotia and the rest of Atlantic Canada.
Objectives of UE
- To provide local minor hockey goalies, their coaches and association with most innovative training available.
- To take a new and revolutionary look at the position of goaltender.
- To adapt and evolve our program to keep up with new dynamics of the game of hockey.
- To develop a system of instruction that takes individual character and ability of each goaltender into consideration.
- To integrate a goalie into the concept of "team defense".
- To make teaching resources for goaltenders and coaches available to all.
If you have any questions, let us know.
The Philosophy of Upper Echelon
Although it may seem an overwhelming task, I feel any goalie who wishes for success must sincerely believe and strive to attain the creedo--Every shot is stoppable
Putting aside the obvious physical demands of meeting this goal, if a goalie believes in this creed, he will have an everlasting objective with his play. He will always be searching and striving to stop that one extra shot. And although no goalie will ever attain the goal of stopping everything (every game, all season long), the creed will keep him going forcing him to improve. As it has been said,"Excellence is not a destination, but a journey."
Now we live in a very competitive age with a lot of needless pressure, and as a result, I feel that this creed should be believed from within, not forced on the goalie from external influences like coaches, parents, teammates or media. As well and most importantly, failure to meet this objective is not a failure, but failure to believe that Every shot is stoppable is.